Primal Defense 180 Caplet
Primal Defense is the only probiotic formula that contains a unique whole food blend with Homeostatic Soil Organisms HSOs . The HSOs in Primal Defense are important probiotics you would get in abundance if your food came from soil untouched by pesticides, herbicides and other widely used chemicals. To replenish the valuable probiotics our pasteurized, irradiated and disinfected food no longer provides, Primal Defense includes 12 species of hardy beneficial microorganisms in the form of the HSO Probiotic Blend. Let the unique HSOs in Primal Defense take you to a new level of total health.
What are probiotics and why do I need them?
Probiotics are beneficial bacteria that, when ingested, help support healthy microbial balance in the gut. * Healthy human intestines contain billions of microorganisms both good and potentially harmful. The good bacteria in the intestines are considered an integral part of normal immune system support.
Probiotics are important because they can synthesize certain vitamins and short-chain fatty acids to support a healthy intestinal lining and bolster immunity. * When your intestinal lining is occupied by healthy beneficial flora, it leaves unwelcome microorganisms deprived of both space and nutrients.
Healthy people usually have a ratio of approximately 85% good and 15% potentially harmful organisms in the intestinal tract. In some cases, even those who appear to be well might have an unfavorable ratio as a result of daily exposure to environmental toxins and a modern lifestyle. For example, taking antibiotics and drinking chlorinated water, may often change the optimal microbial balance essential for good health.
Garden of Life believes that probiotics are their most beneficial when they are not separated from their food source. The probiotics in Primal Defense are cultured with whole foods and then left intact. Many probiotic companies separate the probiotics from their food source. This is why so many probiotics need to be kept refrigerated. Once stripped of their food source, probiotics need to be kept refrigerated in order to remain viable. But what happens when these probiotics are introduced to the acidic environment of the stomach that is at 98.6 degrees? For this reason, Garden of Life believes the probiotic food source is as important to the delivery of the benefits of probiotics as the probiotics themselves.
- The leading whole food probiotic containing Homeostatic Soil Organisms HSOs
- The HSO Probiotic Blend in Primal Defense helps support normal gastrointestinal balance of good and potentially harmful bacteria to help maintain a balanced, healthy internal environment *
- Contains probiotics that promote regular bowel function and help maintain an already healthy immune system both of which are beneficial to overall health *
- Maximizes the benefits of a healthy diet by supporting normal absorption and assimilation of nutrients in the gut
- Unlike other probiotics, the key probiotics in Primal Defense can thrive in the toughest digestive environments and are undeterred by stomach and bile acids
- Select ingredients in Primal Defense are produced through the Garden of Life proprietary Poten-Zyme fermentation process that makes the nutrients more available to the body
- Primal Defense comes in two easy-to-use forms Powder and Caplets
- 100% Vegetarian
Suggested Use As a dietary supplement Adults take 1 caplet 3 times per day with water or juice. Best taken on an empty stomach. Begin with 1 caplet per day and gradually increase to suggested amount. - Or as directed by your healthcare professional.
|Serving Size 1 Caplet
||Servings Per Container 180
|Amount Per Serving
||% Daily Value***
|Iron from Ionic plant Based Minerals
|Protein HSO Probiotic Blend Barley Grass, Oat Grass Lactobacillus plantanum, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifodobacterium lactis, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Bifdobacterium breve, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus brevis, Lactobacillus Salvarius, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Bacillus Subtis, Lactobacillus Paracasei, Bifodobecterium Longum
|Ionic Plant Based Minerals
*Daily Value Not Established
***Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Other IngredientsFermented molasses, Calcium Carbonate, Croscarmellose, Sodium Silica, Magneisum Stearate vegetable source , vegetable coating vegetable gum, dextrose, lecithin, citric acid , bacterial proteases, Probiotic cultures.
Does Not Containartificial colors or preservatives.
WarningsKeep out of reach of children. As with all dietary supplements, consult your healthcare professional before use. See product label for more information.